B Corporation Certification (2021-2022)
Structured, managed and defined Climatiq’s B Corp certification process from completing the Impact Assessment to developing required policies, processes, and procedures to liaising with the B Lab for the review, verification, and certifiation.
- Successfully completed the initial B Corp Impact Assessment within 4 weeks of joining Climatiq, responding to some 200 questions across all impact areas, namely governance, workers, environment, community, and customers (Nov ’21).
- Secured Pending B Corp status reserved for companies that have been in operation for less then 12 months (Feb ’21).
- Set up internal process with short, medium, long-term goals to maintain and improve Climatiq’s overall score.
- Led on development, coordination and implementation of improvement goals, incl. internal policies and procedures (Employee Handbook), Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy, GHG reporting, and stakeholder engagement.
Programme: Environmental Sustainability (2020-2021)
Head, Environmental Sustainability | Office of CFO
Launched and led Mozilla’s environmental sustainability programme for both Corporation & Foundation, managing critical change processes and a lean, but impactful team.
- Collaboratively developed and set 3-5 year strategy horizon across non-profit foundation and for-profit corporation.
- Recruited, trained, and mentored 25 environmental champions within a year driving and amplifying organisational change.
- Launched multiple pilot initiatives, raising awareness in a creative, open manner.
- Designed and managed data collection, analysis, and visualisation for annual greenhouse gas assessments (GHG Protocol), working with over 60 data owners, legal and trust teams, human resources, data science, and marketing.
- Generated cross-organisational leadership buy-in to publicly pledge Mozilla’s Climate Commitments, incl. defining and executing a meaningful offsetting strategy that ensured carbon-neutrality in the first year and, combined with reductions, net-zero emissions in the long run.
- Facilitated implementation workshops with each department to develop data-driven reduction and mitigation plans (SBTs).
Process: Reimagine open (2019)
Planned, designed, implemented an open consultation process on the future of the web, initiating internal and external change management processes. | Office of the Chair
- Planned and managed the initial, exploratory phase of this project championed by Mozilla’s Executive Chairwoman, defining scope and priorities, and setting the tone for joint global outreach of the initital core team.
- Designed and launched a broad-based survey to gather general insights with almost 20.000 responses from 160 countries.
- Ran and supported additional dedicated focus groups to test hypotheses and interviewed over 100 people from 25 countries.
- Analysed and evaluated results, sharing our findings in publications and keynotes, laying the groundwork for phase 2 deep dives in policy, Africa innovation, and sustainability.
- Captured pitch, process, and outputs in an open wiki about the overall project.
Research: Luxury to Disconnect (2018)
Pitched the idea that privacy online is becoming an expensive commodity and that without fundemental protections the yet to be connected, often already vulnerable parts of the population are at risk to be further exploited and disadvantaged. I captured and shared my research in writing and speaking opportunities and it has since been picked up across Mozilla’s comms channels as well as by digital rights partners.
- Privacy is not dead, but it’s going to cost you (March 2018);
- The Clash of GDPR and IoT (May 2018);
- Privacy comes with rising cost around the world (July 2018);
- Internet addiction isn’t the problem, it’s the symptom (April 2019).
Conferences: RightsCon Toronto (May 2018); IGF Paris (Nov 2018).
Campaign: G20 digital process (2017-2018)
Launched, designed, and managed impactful cross-sector partnerships and global outreach to strengthen the G20’s digital agenda. This was a strategic pilot initiative defining and testing the Global Governance approach of Mozilla’s external engagement led by the Office of the Chair.
Managing a close partnership with the Internet Society and the World Wide Web Foundation, we jointly published opinion pieces, met with high-level government representatives, and built a global support network that actively engaged in our multilingual advocacy campaign.
- G20 Nations must set clear priorities for digital agenda (July 2017),
- It’s time for the G20’s first digital agenda (Feb 2018),
- There’s a techlash. The G20 should listen. (Aug 2018, DE, ES).
- G20 digital process: Trust requires more transparency and inclusion (Mitchell Baker, Ronaldo Lemos, Ezequiel Passeron)
- Open letter signed by over 100 organisations worldwide.
- Social media campaign: Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter.
GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Consultant: Cybersecurity Capacity Building (2016-2017)
Consulted on and led the initial phase of GPD’s Cypersecurity Capacity Building programme, including developing the initial strategy, defining success criteria, conducting field trips to Chile, Kenya, and Indonesia to evaluate and conclude partner selection, setting up an advisory board process, and managing the funder relationship.
FEDERAL FOREIGN OFFICE OF GERMANY
All of the below required a high degree of topical expertise; understanding and liasing with different stakeholder groups, their interests and concerns; close interministerial and cross-governmental coordination and stewardship; bilateral and multilateral engagements and negotiations.
- World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS+10 process):
- Internet Governance Forum:
- Responsible for multistakeholder engagements, high-level workshops, public panels, bilateral meetings, often with a focus on the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and participatory policy-making. One example is the German-Brazilian cooperation on hosting a session on “Human Rights in the Digital Age”, featuring UN Special Rapporteurs on Freedom of Expression and Privacy.
- ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2014 (PP-14) | Busan, South Korea:
- Prepared the Foreign Office’s involvement and attended on site. Primary resolutions and declarations followed: Internet Governance, Cybersecurity, Cyber Capacity Building, WSIS process and expanding internet access.
- European Dialogue on Internet Governance, 2014 (EuroDIG) | hosted in the Federal Foreign Office:
- Served as primary contact and contributed to the Opening Speech by Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier: “Put simply: It takes many to run the internet. And it takes many to make sure it remains free, safe and open! That’s why this conference is a ‘Dialogue’. And that’s why I am glad about the diverse mix of people in this room…“
Freedom and Human Rights Online
- Freedom Online Coalition | German representative, 2014-2015
- NETmundial | Saõ Paulo, Brazil
Cyber Capacity Building
- Drafted, negotiated, and finalised a framework for whole-of-government cyber capacity building that guides the German government’s investments and initiatives to foster an open, free, and secure internet.