Programme: Environmental Sustainability (2020-2021)
Head, Environmental Sustainability | Office of CFO
Building up and leading Mozilla’s environmental sustainability programme for both Corporation & Foundation.
Process: Reimagine open (2019)
Planning, designing, implementing an open consultation process on the future of the web | Office of the Chair
Research: Luxury to Disconnect (2018)
Researcher, Writer, Speaker
- Privacy is not dead, but it’s going to cost you (March 2018);
- The Clash of GDPR and IoT (May 2018);
- Privacy comes with rising cost around the world (July 2018);
- Internet addiction isn’t the problem, it’s the symptom (April 2019).
Conferences: RightsCon Toronto (May 2018); IGF Paris (Nov 2018).
Campaign: G20 digital process (2017-2018)
Strategy, partnerships, outreach | Office of the Chair
Joint publications with the Internet Society and the World Wide Web Foundation:
- G20 Nations must set clear priorities for digital agenda (July 2017),
- It’s time for the G20’s first digital agenda (Feb 2018),
- There’s a techlash. The G20 should listen. (Aug 2018, DE, ES).
GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Cybersecurity Capacity Building (2016-2017)
Consulting and leading initial phase of their Cypersecurity Capacity Building programme, including the development of strategy, success criteria, partner selection, advisory board process, and funder relationship management. | Consultant
FEDERAL FOREIGN OFFICE OF GERMANY
All of the below required a high degree of topical expertise; understanding and liasing with different stakeholder groups, their interests and concerns; close interministerial and cross-governmental coordination and stewardship; bilateral and multilateral engagements and negotiations.
- World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS+10 process):
- Internet Governance Forum:
- Multistakeholder engagements, high-level workshops, public panels, bilateral meetings, often with a focus on the right to privacy, freedom of expression, and participatory policy-making. One example is the German-Brazilian cooperation on hosting a session on “Human Rights in the Digital Age”, featuring UN Special Rapporteurs on Freedom of Expression and Privacy.
- ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2014 (PP-14) | Busan, South Korea:
- Primary resolutions and declarations followed: Internet Governance, Cybersecurity, Cyber Capacity Building, WSIS process and expanding internet access.
- European Dialogue on Internet Governance, 2014 (EuroDIG) | hosted in the Federal Foreign Office:
- Opening Speech by Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier: “Put simply: It takes many to run the internet. And it takes many to make sure it remains free, safe and open! That’s why this conference is a ‘Dialogue’. And that’s why I am glad about the diverse mix of people in this room…“
Freedom and Human Rights Online
- Freedom Online Coalition | German representative, 2014-2015
- NETmundial | Saõ Paulo, Brazil
Cyber Capacity Building
- Drafting, negotiating, and finalising a framework for whole-of-government cyber capacity building that guides the government’s investments and initiatives to foster an open, free, and secure internet.